This website provides information and support for the education mission of the Embedded Systems Lab (EmSlab) at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB). The educational program follows the FLIPPED LEARNING principle. The EmSlab is part of the ETRO department. Another section also provides some information about our research field.
Courses: The lab is involved in the following educational programs for Master students:
1. Operating Systems and Security. (4 or 6 ECTS)
2. Project Embedded Systems (5 or 6 ECTS)
3. Software and Engineering for Embedded Systems course. (5 or 6 ECTS)
4. Advanced IT Networks (6 ECTS)
5. Masters thesis and a PhD are offered in all these domains. Please contact the professor for discussing a possible topic. You can contact the lab via the contact page.
2 IoT versions of the courses open to a global public are available via Coursera
Introduction to Architecting smart IoT devices
Architecting smart IoT devices
sponsored the production of the MOOC version of the EmSlab courses.
We are on VUB Campus Etterbeek.
The lab is in Building K
Rooms K4.71 and K4.72
football field side
To access course material, one needs to be registered.
Follow the indications how to first register to the website and then to a particular course.